About Me

My photo
Forks, Portland, Lyon - France, Paris - France, Portland and ending up in Bellingham.... the adventures of my life!

Search My Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Marché des Animaux: Place Carnot

Oh my goodness, by surfing about the net I came across some information that absolutely tickles my fancy- a live animal market in the center of the city!!

Place Carnot hosts a weekly market specialized in domestic pets every Sunday from 8h to 12h.  This is going to have to be a place I must visit.  Marchés in France are often streeets lined with cars or table tops and covered in product, I can only imagine a city block filled with cute kittens (why must you be allergic Bri, why!?) and puppies.  A Google Search of marché des chiens turned up photos of cooked up dogs in public markets in the East- somehow not exactly what I was looking for.

I just had no idea that there was a special marché dedicated to the cute baby animals that I haven't seen in ages!  I don't even know where to find a Pet Store in Lyon!




A search on the Bibliothèque de Lyon however turned up some photos from the turn of the century, where the marché was still active!

*note: there are also several more old photos of interest on this site. If you ever have a minute to scan through.



I've thought about getting a bunny, but I actually like rabbit meat so I think it's be strange to keep an animal I tend to eat.  Hamsters and rats are overdone, I've had like 5 in my life, plus Bri thinks keeping small rodent type animals is just plain wrong.

I guess it's just gonna have to wait a few years until we have a big enough house for a dog!

All the same.  Place Carnot, Sundays from 8am to 12pm?  I am so there.

Keep posted for one final post before I head off for vacation- then I'll be trying to post while in Spain... although that tends to be a feat in it's own.  Tapas, sangria, cava... ohh yeah.

a+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...