About Me

My photo
Forks, Portland, Lyon - France, Paris - France, Portland and ending up in Bellingham.... the adventures of my life!

Search My Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Instant Coffee Sucks

Brian's parents drink the stuff every morning before work- but I don't know how much sugar or milk they use to mask the flavor.

It tastes like old sock juice.

I'm down to my last bag of Long Bottom coffee my mom sent me back in December and I needed an afternoon pick-me-up.  All the friend people I know have this stuff in their cabinet- and I had a jar from like a year and a half ago.





I heated up water.

Me n Sock Juice
Tossed in 1 1/2 tsp of granulated instant coffee.

Stir.

Drink.

BLEGH.

Repeat until contents are empty.






Living in France has some minor faults- the espresso is great, but it's not such a culture of big cups of coffee.  I am definitely missing the big fluffy couches and the ginormous lattés for only like 2 bucks.  Portland = stumptown, Lyon = sockjuice town.

More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. An American in France. Typical moaning as usual. It has to be your-way is the right-way. Why not go home for your coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...